Change the order that popups are shown?

04-14-2016 08:30 AM
MaxMcCosham
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using WAB 1.3 Developer Edition. I have a layer containing point features that is drawn on top of a layer containing line features, the two layers are currently in separate services. When a point that overlaps a line is clicked, the popup for the line is shown first and the user has to click next to see the popup for the point feature.

Is it possible to control the popup display order using the JS API, so the popup for the points layer would always be shown first if there are multiple popups?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Max,

This is an interesting question and I am curious to hear what answers you get. In just 'regular' ArcGIS Online, you cannot change the popup order.

In this thread:

https://community.esri.com/message/593491#comment-426997

Mike says:

No, there is no way to control popup ordering. The order comes from how fast layers can return their popup information. The fastest wins. The popup populates with the first and the rest come in when they return their information We have discussed allowing user defined ordering, but then the popup would have to wait to display its contents until all layers have returned their values. This could make the popup slower.

0 Kudos