Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't get openAtStart to work

Jump to solution
01-19-2015 04:01 AM
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using WAB 1.0 Developer Ed. I have a web app with customised widgets, including a custom urlParameterHandler widget that should execute a Query configured in a slightly enhanced version of the out-of-the-box query widget with values passed as query string parameters on the web app's url.

I am trying to get the query widget to load/open at startup so that the urlParameterHandler widget can send it data through the publishData mechanism of the BaseWidget. I have added the openAtStart property, set to true, to the query (in-panel) widget in config.json (attached) under client/stemapp folder of WAB. I add my query widget to the panel and save the web app, but the openAtStart property never transfers to the config.json under server/apps/<appid>.

I saw that there was a problem with openAtStart during beta but couldnt access the issue details, so I dont know if that has been fixed in the released version.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

The issue that you are seeing is that the openAtStart property is not supported currently in the tab theme (this is likely the reason that they have not added it to the widget configuration UI).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

I do a url query in my eSearch widget and the way to get the openAtStart to work currently is to manually add it to the server/apps/<appid>/config.json. Currently the WAB builder does not write the openAtStrat property for widgets.

0 Kudos
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi Robert

Thanks for your response.

I did try that and have since tried it again, the widget still does not load/open. When I monitor the requests for the web app, I see that the server/apps/<appid>/config.json loads and has the openAtStart property on the query widget, however the only other files related to the query widget that get loaded are the manifest.json and the icon.png (to display in the sidebarcontroller tab).

Is there anything else that needs to be done to the query widget to make it load at startup?

Mark

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

The issue that you are seeing is that the openAtStart property is not supported currently in the tab theme (this is likely the reason that they have not added it to the widget configuration UI).

0 Kudos
MarkTurnbull
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, I'll stop bashing my head against this brick wall and see if I can get my urlParameterHandler widget to open the query widget programatically

0 Kudos
LarryStout
Occasional Contributor III

Mark,

You might want to look at my response in this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/114900

Larry

0 Kudos