AreaMeasurement3DViewModel - how to make the orange-white checkerboard invisible?

Jump to solution
10-17-2023 03:01 AM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I develop 3D web apps by web appBuilder using ArcGIS API forJAvascript 4.24

AreaMeasurement3DViewModel draws orange-white checkerboard on the screen which "covers" the 3D scene details. This is giving helpful info, but I wish that I can leave the area and perimeter details in the widget while controlling the checkerboard visibility, to be able to set no visibility.

Help from some expert will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelLev

I solved it.

But it's complicated... so I'll describe only generally:

I create a polygon (in graphic layer attached to ground) whose points are identical to the area measured. I label the polygon with the relevant info, then I erase the view model.

My customized "measurements-wizard" widget can display concurrently many measurements ot 3 types: distance (with slope), area, and volume (which is "extended" area neasurement).

The user can replace the orange/white chess board of an area or volume measurement by bare polygons, (whose internals are transparent) labeled with the relevant info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelLev

I solved it.

But it's complicated... so I'll describe only generally:

I create a polygon (in graphic layer attached to ground) whose points are identical to the area measured. I label the polygon with the relevant info, then I erase the view model.

My customized "measurements-wizard" widget can display concurrently many measurements ot 3 types: distance (with slope), area, and volume (which is "extended" area neasurement).

The user can replace the orange/white chess board of an area or volume measurement by bare polygons, (whose internals are transparent) labeled with the relevant info.

0 Kudos