Analysis Widget Create Buffers

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 09:43 AM
RyanStrain
New Contributor III

In WAB 1.1 developer edition using the analysis widget and only the Create Buffers geoprocess, is there a way to use my own geometry service and not have the authorization popup? I've hosted my geometry service in AGOL and still receive popup.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

I am not real familiar with the create buffers analysis task but it sounds like it has to use the service  http://analysis2.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services and that service costs credits to use so just changing the geometry service will not affect the use of this analysis task as your are already seeing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

To change the geometry service that the WAB uses just open the client\stemapp\config.json and change the geometryService parameter.

To do this for apps you have already created you will have to do the same in the server\apps\xx\config.json

RyanStrain
New Contributor III

I had already changed the geometry service that WAB uses in server\apps\xx\config.json. Now also updated the client\stemapp\config.json. Thanks for catching me there. Although testing it still shows credits will be used. Is this correct? I was of the belief that after changing the parameters in those 2 places to use my own geometry service, the create buffers task shouldn't use credits. Is this line of thinking correct?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm definitely not an expert on credit usage for AGOL services, but if you are hosting a geometry service from your local ArcGIS Server, you shouldn't use credits. You mentioned you are hosting it on AGOL, so I'm assuming that is your only option?

0 Kudos
RyanStrain
New Contributor III

Sorry. No the geometry service is hosted on my server. I registered it with AGOL also to see if that would make a difference. But the service is coming from my server and the rest endpoint URL is pointed to my server within my app. When I reload the WAB through node.js and launch and test, clicking the "show credits" link in the create buffers panel, it still indicates a credit cost. So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or what.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanStrain
New Contributor III

The create buffers task is still using http://analysis2.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services . So either I didn't reload my app correctly to accept the geometry service changes in those 2 spots. Or something else is still required.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

I am not real familiar with the create buffers analysis task but it sounds like it has to use the service  http://analysis2.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services and that service costs credits to use so just changing the geometry service will not affect the use of this analysis task as your are already seeing.

RyanStrain
New Contributor III

Yeah that seems to be the case. Too bad. The privileges:['networkanalysis'] isn't required for this tool, so I believe ESRI should have developed the widget for create buffers to be flexible using your own geometry service without a credit cost. Maybe in the next release. For now I guess I'll work on constructing my own geoprocessing widget for create buffer needs. Thanks for your quick response.