Select to view content in your preferred language

Using the Lead Service Line Inventory Solution

09-27-2021 08:09 AM
MariahSalazar
Esri Contributor

Watch this webinar to learn how the Lead Service Line Inventory solution can help your organization meet the federal regulations of the revised Lead and Copper Rule (LCR).

Esri’s Lead Service Line Inventory solution is available at no cost and configures ArcGIS to meet the challenges of the revised Lead and Copper Rule. Organizations can use ArcGIS to create and maintain lead service inventories, conduct material verifications in the field, manage replacement activities, monitor progress, and inform the community. This solution helps water utilities improve public health by reducing the potential of community exposure to lead in drinking water and maintaining compliance with the revised LCR.

Howard Crothers and Alex Kabak from Esri’s solutions team demonstrate how you can get started with the Lead Service Line Inventory solution, including how to

• Load existing data into the solution. 
  • Collect service line information in the field.
  • Coordinate service line replacement activities.
  • Create dashboards to monitor progress.
  • Configure a public-facing website to enable information sharing with the community.

Visit the Lead Service Line Inventory solution web page to learn more.

16 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

removing it worked! However, when trying to push my edits back to AGOL each time I get the request timed out error. I am not trying without the enable undo button enabled, but it seems to be taking quite a while.

0 Kudos
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura,

Enable Undo doesn't work with a feature service because turning that button on starts an edit session and Calculate Field doesn't work with a feature service in an edit session.

Are you running Calculate Field without the Enable Undo button turned on? I have tested it on my end and can't reproduce your issue. I ran Calculate Field on the diameter field and it hangs up on 5% for about 10 seconds but then finishes successfully. This is with 7250 records.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

It works without the enable undo button. However, I added in quite a few fields. Each field is taking approximate an hour and a half to calculate with up to 14.4k records. 

0 Kudos
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Is this a field calculation or are you doing an append? Using the Append tool with feature services can take a while.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

calculation

0 Kudos
MattRingel
New Contributor II

Hi, at 37:05 in the video you show your "Create Data Loading Workspace" tool where the target is the hosted feature service using the url. When I try to put in a url for target it gives me an error of "000840: The value is not a Data Element"

I'm using dltsolutions version 2.9.2 which seems to be newer than the version in the video.

How can I use a hosted feature service as the target for "Create Data Loading Workspace"?

0 Kudos
DanielWickens
Esri Contributor

Matt, 

That error appears when the hosted feature layer has been added to the map in ArcGIS Pro. Can you remove it from the map, and try adding the feature layer from the Catalog > Portal when setting it as the target? 

0 Kudos