Supporting Daily Workflows with GIS + GPS

11-20-2019 08:48 AM
MariahSalazar
Esri Contributor

Oldham County Water District (OCWD) began using geographic information system (GIS) technology in 2001. As has been done in many other organizations, the initial data populating the GIS was captured from scanned engineering plans and as-built drawings. For new infrastructure, staff used a mapping-grade GPS device to collect location information.

OCWD has continued to evolve and improve its GIS. OCWD has streamlined workflows and data capture by pairing mobile applications with high-accuracy GNSS receivers. Presenter, Kenny Ratliff, GIS manager at OCWD, will share the challenges met and benefits gained and how GIS and GPS together support:

• Data collection by field crews
  • Tracking and recovery of line locate requests
  • As-built data collection and sharing
Tags (2)
2 Replies
KevinHumphrey2
New Contributor

Aloha,

Wow! Over the top!!  What a great webinar!  I missed the live webinar and have been waiting all week for the recorded version to post online.  I will be contacting Kenny in the near future. Great job!

Cheers,

Kevin

Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Thanks for the comment, Kevin!  It's always my concern that what I'm trying to convey, doesn't come across.  Hopefully there were some useful nuggets!  Feel free to reach out at anytime.

Best regards,

Kenny