Select to view content in your preferred language

Water Utility Network Editing - Log file?

Jump to solution
02-27-2016 09:09 AM
MikeOnzay
Frequent Contributor

Are there log files associated with this toolbar? I was running the Add Laterals to Connection tool on about 600 features overnight and in the morning I saw this message window:

Error in the Get Near Feature.PNG

then after clicking through several of the above dialogs I was unable to save my edits.

save edits.PNG

I had to exit ArcMap without being able to save. Upon re-opening the MXD I could see that the last feature created was at 2/27/2016 3:15:44 AM. Fortunately, it did save up to that point (I'm running this against a named version in SDE) and I was able to post and reconcile.

The only process that was occurring against the SDE database at that time last night were routine backups.

I don't know if a log file would have been helpful in this case.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is no log file for that process. We can add an option to suppress any errors or warnings. It looks like Arcmap lost the connection to your GDB. Does the server or database go through any nighttime maintenance?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is no log file for that process. We can add an option to suppress any errors or warnings. It looks like Arcmap lost the connection to your GDB. Does the server or database go through any nighttime maintenance?

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Frequent Contributor

IT reported no network anomalies during that time. The only maintenance that was occurring was a backup of the virtual machines. I stopped running the tool through the night and focused on doing smaller sets throughout the day. I haven't had any problems since then.

0 Kudos