Select to view content in your preferred language

Water Utilities Data Model Water Sources

11-18-2011 03:28 AM
TimSpangler
New Contributor II
I have been viewing the Local Govt Data Model for water utilities and I like it very much. One dataset that I'm not able to locate is information on groundwater sources such as deep wells. There is a large amount of critical data maintained by public water suppliers concering their wells, such as permit information, drilling information, production etc.

Is there a dataset for groundwater source in the Local Government Data Model that I'm simply not seeing ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_JMilden
New Contributor
I have been viewing the Local Govt Data Model for water utilities and I like it very much. One dataset that I'm not able to locate is information on groundwater sources such as deep wells. There is a large amount of critical data maintained by public water suppliers concering their wells, such as permit information, drilling information, production etc.

Is there a dataset for groundwater source in the Local Government Data Model that I'm simply not seeing ?

There doesn't seem to be that much in the data model for your specific need, I would recommend the use of tables to store like data (compliance related vs. operational, etc). My agency is trying to avoid changes to the Local Government data model so that apps/tools released by ESRI (based on the data model) can be used out of the box 😉

Also try to exploit the attribute assistant whenever possible as well. I use the CREATE_LINKED_RECORD rule to ensure that all tables associated with a feature class contain a "synced" record. The attribute assistant really makes life easy for my group; automating a lot of the ancillary tasks that go along with data editing.

Anthony J Milden
Wastewater Technical Support
Collier County Public Utilities
Naples, FL
0 Kudos