Select to view content in your preferred language

Water Outage Solution - Linked Meters to Customer Contact Information

07-27-2021 10:44 AM
Labels (1)
AlexHarper
New Contributor

We are in the process of testing and hopefully implementing the Water Outage solution. We are planning on using our meter as out service location points. There are several reasons for this but I will not go into them at this time as it will take up a lot of time.  We have the meters joined with a SQL view out of our new CIS that has the customer contact information (email address, cell phone, business phone, home phone). The over all goal is when the isolation trace is completed and the outage is saved, the meters can be exported out in a .CSV file with the contact information and then used to contact the customers about the outage.  The contact information needs to be up to date based on what is in the CIS. We have be successful in creating the join and pulling the data, but the road block that I can not seem to wrap my head around is how to keep the customer contact information up to date without having to go through and recreate the geometric network and save the geoprocessing service out every time it is ran.  Has anyone ran into a need for something like this? Any one have any ideas for a solution to keep the data at least updated every 24 hours without having to update the geometric network every time?

Alex Harper
CAW GIS Manager
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBowen
New Contributor

Hi Alex, 

We a custom SQL view that is joined to the customer feature class that feeds into our notification system. We currently use GeoDecisions Notify. I would be happen to discuss this with you if you are interested.  email is markbowen@lehighcountyauthority.org 

0 Kudos