Water Distribution Model Data Dictionary

Jump to solution
12-04-2019 03:53 AM
Labels (1)
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

We're a UK water and sewerage company who are currently looking at migrating our supply network across to the recently released Water Distribution Foundation v3.2. We're finding that the data dictionary is a really valuable resource for assisting in the process but we're wondering if there are plans to fill in some of the blanks, particularly around the descriptions for the different asset types? In the example below it would be really helpful to get a bit more of a description to help us work out which features map to which.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoelSmith3
Esri Contributor

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on updating the data dictionary with more information.

The asset type descriptions for each feature are available in the section just below the Subtype area.

Using your supply example, from here: https://solutions.arcgis.com/water/help/water-distribution-utility-network-foundation/DataDictionary... scroll down to the next section Subtype: Supply: Asset Types and you can see the descriptions. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Joel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoelSmith3
Esri Contributor

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on updating the data dictionary with more information.

The asset type descriptions for each feature are available in the section just below the Subtype area.

Using your supply example, from here: https://solutions.arcgis.com/water/help/water-distribution-utility-network-foundation/DataDictionary... scroll down to the next section Subtype: Supply: Asset Types and you can see the descriptions. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Joel

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the very speedy reply. I think this was partly down to the way I was using the data dictionary because I was tending to get in the habit of using the hyperlink in the domain field for the asset type and so it was jumping past the content that you referred to. It's obviously a very large document so sometimes difficult to see the wood for the trees!

It would be really handy if the value in the Name or Alias column of the Asset Type row could hyperlink down to the subtype section you mentioned as part of the update but not an essential thing at this stage.

Water data dictionary link

Best regards

Gareth

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Great suggestion.  Updated data dict attached

0 Kudos