Wastewater System Information Model - Septic Tanks

09-27-2017 12:57 PM
RustyMerritt3
New Contributor

I am curious to know if there has been any discussion around enhancing the Wastewater (Sewer) System Information Model Template (within the Local Goverment Information Model) to include a Septic Tanks as a feature class? 

I am working with a small municipality who would like to use Collector to complete an initial inventory of septic tank locations and later start tracking Preventative Maintenance activities.  Naturally, I would prefer to leverage the prior work of a Domain Expert over a more traditional conceptual/physical database design exercise.  Please don't hesitate to point me to documentation or authoritative sources on the subject matter.

Thanks in advance.    

Tags (2)
4 Replies
GeorgeHouck
New Contributor III

I also am interested in this.

Seems the Wastewater doesnt get the same attention as the Water. Looking at you over my glasses ESRI.

Looking forward to any links to more or better info.

-George

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

We don't have any plans to add Septic Tanks to our current information models.  

The information models supplied with ArcGIS Solutions, including the LGIM, service catalogs, etc., aren't intended to be all encompassing data models.  They're intended to support deploying ArcGIS Solutions.  The information models don't currently include septic tanks because their isn't currently any ArcGIS Solution configurations for septic.  

They are many organizations that are managing information about septic tanks and associated features in ArcGIS.  You can find some great examples and check out their schemas by searching ArcGIS Online for septic - http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=septic&start=1&sortOrder=desc&sortField=relevance 

This is a great example I found from Hamilton County, Ohio - http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=13772ec477f24289aff93e77a3ec954d 

Right now our data modeling focus is on water, sewer and stormwater configurations of the utility network.

Regards,

Howard

Anthony_JMilden
New Contributor

Adding septic tank as a network structure type should be considered as they can be part of a wastewater collection system. An example of this is a low pressure STEP system; my service district contains one.

Respectfully,

Anthony

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Thanks Anthony J Milden‌! We will keep this in mind as we evolve the sewer data models.

0 Kudos