Related record data loading strategies?

Jump to solution
05-12-2020 01:46 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone have any best practice strategies for loading existing related tables (e.g. hydrant inspections, valve inspections) to the utility network schema? We have existing GlobalID-based relationship classes.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT:

With regards to Esri's Data Loading Tools... the tools include mapping of tables but maintaining related records is not mentioned in the documentation. Is it possible to migrate related tables using the Data Loading Tools?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was doing it wrong. I was trying to load my data using the DLT into a file geodatabase with the asset package applied and not the asset package itself. Ugh. Getting tripped up early in this new world.

Reading your response pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!!

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

You shouldn't need to play any shell games with adding extra fields or calculating new global ids.  I just ran the process end to end on my data.  If your data already has a GlobalID column (a column with the GLOBALID data type, which it looks like it does) you should map your data to the "GLOBALID" field.

Then after running your data loading workspace the global id from your source feature will appear in the global id field on your new in feature:

If your data doesn't already have a GlobalID field you should be able to add one using Esris "Add Global ID" tool:

0 Kudos