Select to view content in your preferred language

Performance Utility Network

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 06:02 AM
TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

Hi. 

I'm testing the new Utility Netwok Extension by creating a new water network, as well as using the template from ESRI. I've experienced that ArcGIS Pro is very slow when doing editing and configuring the featureclasses. As an example I've created 5 coded value domains containing 5-10 codes each and when I save the changes, ArcGIS Pro uses about half an hour creating the domains. Creating a new field takes may be 30 seconds to 1 minute. Have anyone else experienced this? When creating a Utility Network from the ESRI template, the process of applying the asset package and loading the data took about 2.5 hours. 

I'm running ArcGIS Pro on an Azure machine running windows server 2016, 2.3 x 2.3 GHz processor and 14 Gb memory. The database (SQL Server 2016) is configured on another machine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

If possible, we recommend that you apply the schema from the same machine the DBMS is configured on.

We're working on optimizing the schema operations for the next release; it should be significantly faster for your use case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

If possible, we recommend that you apply the schema from the same machine the DBMS is configured on.

We're working on optimizing the schema operations for the next release; it should be significantly faster for your use case.

TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response, PLeBlanc-esristaff! I've just tried this and creating a coded domain with the values yes and no, takes about two minutes even at the server hosting the database. When trying to modify an existing coded value description (on a featureclass containing data), ArcGIS Pro crashes. Do you have any more suggestions?

Torbjørn

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd log an issue with support if Pro is crashing. Is this domain assigned to the AssetType field?

0 Kudos