Select to view content in your preferred language

New Utility Network - Failed to Create Features

07-26-2018 03:18 PM
DustinJackson
New Contributor

I have deployed the new utility network for water distribution and keep running into the same error. 

Failed to create new features(s)

ERROR: Unable to compete operation., Failed to evaluate Arcade expression 

[StructureJunction, Rule: ID_StrcutureJunction_508]

no matter what feature I attempt to create i get the same message with just a different rule number...

[WaterDevice, Rule: ID_WaterDevice_1]

[WaterDevice, Rule: ID_WaterDevice_7]

I have followed the install instructions and deployed the network with the sample data (loading the data from the asset package) per the link below and i do not get those errors...

Get started with the Water Distribution Utility Network Configuration—Get Started | ArcGIS for Water 

However, when i follow the instructions, including changing the spacial reference of the asset package and NOT loading the sample data, i get the above mentioned errors.

Seems like there is just something that is not getting set correctly during the process when using an the empty data-set.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DustinJackson
New Contributor

OK....after much digging and zero documentation from ESRI I tracked it down to the "Attribute Rule" not being evaluated correctly and returning the error.  

Here is the arcade code that was resulting in the error.  Basically the "NetSequenceValue" is evaluating to an error as I tested the false condition works correctly.

if (IsEmpty($feature.assetid)) {
return "m-" + Text(NextSequenceValue("WaterDevice_10_seq"))
}
else {
return $feature.assetid
}

So digging into the "Esri Utility Network Sample Data", i can't find how this "WaterDevice_10_seq" is set or configured, but it works in thier database as long as you "load the data" as part of the "Apply Asset Package" process. 

This attribute rule is on all the features in the utility network and it seems like there really should be some documentation on how to make this work.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

When you first apply the asset package it should also create all of database sequences, even if you don't load the data.  I'd recommend you either run the database sequence tool ( Create Database Sequence—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop  ) and create the "WaterDevice_10_seq" that this expression is expecting.  If that doesn't work you can always identify and disable any attribute rules that are making calls to database sequences using the disable attribute rules tool ( Disable Attribute Rules—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop  ). Hope that help!

0 Kudos