Select to view content in your preferred language

Lead Service Line Solution - Editors App export as .csv

08-31-2023 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
ChrisMiller_AK
Occasional Contributor

I received a request to allow editors to download data as a .csv from within the Editors App. I've changed the setting in the ServiceLine_editors hosted feature view to allow export and changed the settings in the Editors App. The option is provided in the table to export but when selected it goes through the motions but never downloads anything. No errors are generated. Any suggestions? @AlexKabak

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

I tested your scenario and I can't replicate the issue. I even tried it without checking the box for Export Data in the settings of the service. The Attribute Table widget seems to override that setting, and still exports the data if the capability is exposed. The export is placed in the Downloads folder on my C:Drive. It also shows the download at the top of the browser.

AlexKabak_0-1693510591039.png

Did you save and relaunch the app before trying? From the screen shots it looks like you are testing in the configuration mode.

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm...it's working when I'm signed in with the owner/admin account but not with Editor accounts. 

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex, 

I want to share with you what we found out. In our case, since we are not tracking replacement activities, we turned off all of the fields related to replacement.  Once we made all of the fields included in the solution visible, we are now able to export to a .csv file.  Not sure exactly why but we'll live with it. It's not a deal breaker for us. 

0 Kudos