Select to view content in your preferred language

Sink Prescreening missing in Pro

09-13-2018 07:26 AM
Labels (1)
JeffreyStevens
New Contributor II

Sink Prescreening tool not present in ArcGIS PRO version of Arc Hydro.  Is there a plan to add this tool in the future?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Not at this time. We needed that tool because Sink Evaluation could not handle large rasters at the time it was developed. Since it now can, we do not use this tool anymore and start directly with the Sink Evaluation tool. Is there any reason why you want to use it?

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos
AdamClark3
New Contributor

I have a workflow where I need to remove sinks based on size of their drainage area. Sink preprocessing fit that perfectly for me. I can't use a sink fill tool that is based on depth for my workflow.  Is there a similar tool that will do this for me?

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

You can use Sink Evaluation instead. It generates SinkPoly that contains all the sinks attributed with depth, areas and drainage areas among other characteristics. You can reselect the sinks to use for the analyses based on your criteria. Note that we created Sink Prescreening because Sink Evaluation would not be process big datasets. Now it can, this is why you do not have Sink Prescreening in Pro.

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos