Separate attributes of polygons delineated from multiple inlets and outlets

Jump to solution
01-08-2014 01:24 PM
Labels (1)
JingTao
New Contributor
I have a few pairs of upstream and downstream points. Some pairs are along the same main stream, and some are on tributaries. When I tried to use Delineate from multiple inlets and outlets, I am running into two issues: (1) For the pairs along the same stream, the output Watershed only appears on the map as separate polygon features, in the attribute table they are listed as one case. (2) For the pair on a tributary, if that tributary segment runs nearly parallel to the main stream where there happens to be another pair, then the output Watershed appears on the map as one polygon (for both the pairs on the tributary and the main stream), instead of two polygons. Of course, in the attribute table it is one case again.
My question is: Is there a way to have the polygon features truly separated in both the map and attribute table? That separation will be very helpful for some further studies, such as evaluating the causes of difference in stream quality between the upstream inlet and downstream outlet. Once the first question is solved, I guess the solution will apply to the second one too?
I thought about using batch watershed delineation to go around the issue, but the Delineat from multiple inlets appears to be more promising and direct approach (maybe just my perception?).
Any guidance? Thank you in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
You can use the Multipart to Singlepart tool to generate one distinct feature for each geometry part.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
You can use the Multipart to Singlepart tool to generate one distinct feature for each geometry part.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
JingTao
New Contributor
Great! Thank you!
0 Kudos