Pro - Why can't I use a linear feature class as input for DEM Reconditioning?

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 09:41 AM
Labels (1)
deleted-user-yIALGElyA_K9
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I am using Arc Hydro tools in Pro 2.3. I need to burn NHD streams (LocalRes) into a DEM (3DEP LiDAR - 2.5'). The DEM Reconditioning tool will only take a Raster as the input stream. In ArcMap, it takes a vector layer. I need to use the detailed NHD layer.  Am I missing something, or was this change made for the Pro version? If so, why? Also if so, could it be a choice between raster and vector, rather than exclusively raster?  Admittedly, I am new to the Arc Hydro world, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jacob

Indiana DNR Water

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

I also have that question and I found the answer to it here: Unable to input stream feature class into DEM Reconditioning. According to this post, we have the option of changing the parameter type to feature layer using a Python toolbox, but it is recommended that you use a raster input (the “StrLnk” output from the Create Drainage Line Structures tool). 

I was having trouble successfully running DEM Reconditioning until I discovered that the input should be an integer type raster. Since found the whole toolbar workflow in ArcMap easier to follow, I created my own documentation with the steps using the Pro ArcHydro toolset. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

I also have that question and I found the answer to it here: Unable to input stream feature class into DEM Reconditioning. According to this post, we have the option of changing the parameter type to feature layer using a Python toolbox, but it is recommended that you use a raster input (the “StrLnk” output from the Create Drainage Line Structures tool). 

I was having trouble successfully running DEM Reconditioning until I discovered that the input should be an integer type raster. Since found the whole toolbar workflow in ArcMap easier to follow, I created my own documentation with the steps using the Pro ArcHydro toolset. 

0 Kudos