HydroID in a Version Environment

Jump to solution
01-18-2013 07:06 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hello-
Does anyone have any experience working with the HydroID in a versioned environment?  Specifically, if the HydroID is global to ArcHydro feature and object classes, how is the HydroID treated on the change tables (specifically, the Adds table)? 

Also, Archiving:  Are there issues with the HydroID and  "_H" tables?

Thanks,
David Coley
Sarasota County GIS
Sarasota, FL
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hi Christine, that makes perfect sense, I didn't realize you meant the APUNIQUEID and LAYERKEYTABLE objects.  I should be all set then,  thanks for your time!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
In a versioned environment the UniqueID tables should not be versioned. They are used to provide unique IDs that all come from the same table independently of the version used for editing.
When you are editing in a versioned environment the Add table contains all the attributes including the UniqueID field populated using the non versioned table. There will not be conflicts between versions.

Since the UniqueID tables are not versioned they cannot be archived. You would have to copy the table if you want to keep a snapshot of that table at any given time.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hi Christine- thanks for your reply, I just returned from the dev summit or I would have gotten back to you sooner.  Um, I'm not certain I was clear with my request.  Do you mean to say 'tables that contain the unique HydroID' rather than 'Unique ID tables'?  I ask because I'm not familiar with 'Unique ID tables' as part of the full ArcHydro schema; I've never seen those objects.  Regardless, we'll test out populating HydroIDs on those objects that the tools require once we version the schema-

Thanks
David
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
I meant by UniqueID tables the 2 administrative tables that can be set up to configure the unique ids (APUNIQUEID and LAYERKEYTABLE tables), although most people use only the APUNIQUEID table. These tables are created automatically in your target workspace by the Arc Hydro tools.

Christine
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hi Christine, that makes perfect sense, I didn't realize you meant the APUNIQUEID and LAYERKEYTABLE objects.  I should be all set then,  thanks for your time!
0 Kudos