HRESULT E_FAIL during Catchment Polygon Processing

11-01-2017 11:53 AM
Labels (1)
RhondaStolberg
New Contributor

Hello,  I am new to Arc Hydro and am trying to generate watersheds.  I have read many help documents and lots of StartUp Check List information (such as those by Mark Boucher).  My problem is this, I have been able to generate rasters just fine through the following processes:  DEM Reconditioning, Fill Sinks, Flow Direction, Flow Accumulation, Stream Definition, Stream Segmentation and Catchment Grid Delineation.  The problem occurs when I try to convert rasters to vectors such as in Catchment Polygon Processing and Drainage Line Processing.  For each of these steps I receive the ever popular "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component".  I have tried different machines and also a different data set included with a online tutorial....still same problem at the same place.  I feel like I must be missing something obvious.....I'm stuck and would appreciate any help or direction.  Sincere thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JessyVan_Horn
New Contributor II

I have had this error in the past from running processes on data sitting on a network drive. Try moving your data to the C: drive and see if that resolves it.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos