HEC-GeoRAS Floodplain Delineation error (cross sections updated in HEC-RAS)

12-17-2013 11:44 AM
Labels (1)
DonghaKim
New Contributor
Hi Folks,

I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and HEC-GeoRas 10.1 I am able to create a GIS project, export all data to HEC-RAS. The first issue was that cross sections GeoRAS created were not in good quality so I updated them by measured bathymetry data. That is, replace the values of station & elevation in Geometric data window in HecRas by the bathymetry data. Subsequently, it is likely to bring up a task of updating the original TIN used to create the original cross sections in GeoRAS to reflect the changes.

Then, I run my steady simulation, and imported back into ArcGIS just fine. I then covert SDF to XML, set up my layer, import the RAS data (coordinations of the updated cross sections matches well with those of the original on GIS) , and do a water surface generation. However, on this last step, the program crashes with the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80041098):ERROR 010151: No features found in C:\........\Steady_PF\fdtemp.shp. Possible empty feature class.
at ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoAnalyst.RasterConversionOpClass.RasterDataToPolygonFeatureData(IGeoDataset dataset, IWorkspace pWorkspace, String name, Boolean weeding)
at HECGeoRAS.clsMFloodGRIDIntersection.GridToPolygon1(IRaster pRaster, IGeoDataset pGeoIn, IWorkspace pWS, String sName, Boolean sWeeding)

My guess about the causes of this error are:

1) As mentioned earlier, I updated the GeoRas-created cross sections in HEC-RAS so GeoRAS might have a conflict on matching the original cross sections with the updated ones. Any solutions? How can I edit TIN to incorporate this change?

2) GeoRAS uses a unit of meter and HecRAS uses feet. Does this somehow affect floodplain delineation?

Any suggestions, especially detailed ones, would be greatly appreciated.

Dongha
Tags (2)
2 Replies
Syr91
by
New Contributor

Hi Dongha Kim!

I have exactly the same error and I can´t solve it, and I'm going crazy.

Did you solve the problem? If you solved, can you share it with me?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
EstefaniaGarcia
New Contributor

Hi  Dongha Kim and syr911,

Guys I have the same error and I can´t solve it, I don't know what to do, I had try everything.

Did you solve the problem? If you did, can you share it with me please?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos