HEC-GeoRAS: Export RAS Data Failure

09-04-2012 11:18 AM
MichaelHross
New Contributor II
I am trying to export HEC-GeoRAS data for HEC-RAS. When I attempt to export the RAS data, the process begins and once it gets to "Creating export workspace" I get the following error message: "Failed to create intermediate ESRI XML file!". The last message before the "Creating export workspace" states "Intermediate XML file name is: C:\Users\michael hross\Desktop\GIS2RASTmpFile1.xml" and the GIS2RASTmpFile1 is created in whatever destination I choose; however, the file size is 0kb.

I have tried emptying my Temp file and running the process, moving the folder it is typically saved under to different drives, quitting and reloading, and nothing has worked so far. A coworker thinks that perhaps the fact that our user names have spaces between first and last name might be causing the error, and she is trying to get hers changed. However, I also know that she has used HEC-GeoRAS successfully before.

If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KurtFesenmyer
New Contributor
Michael -

Did you ever find a solution to your problem here?  I get same error and have tried all the suggestions you mention - shorter path name for project and gdb., clearing the temp folder, and restarting the project - without any success. 

Thank you,

Kurt
0 Kudos