hec geo ras error- import ras file

06-08-2012 02:25 PM
Labels (1)
LinPeng
New Contributor
All
I am having problem with the step - import ras file. All i need right now is to create the stream center line and XS file from sdf/xml, but i got error - invalid GDE xml. I was able to convert the sdf to xml with no issue and I opened the XML and compared it to other xmls that worked, and i could not see any structural diff/error.  please see attached image for the detailed error msg. I would really appreciate any help with this. 

Thanks
Lin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15078[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MattMead
New Contributor III
try setting it to the classic export method instead of the new and try again.
0 Kudos
LinPeng
New Contributor

okay.. i tried classic export method.. and it worked now.. Thansk..
0 Kudos
Jia_XiShao1
New Contributor

hi could you please specify what you mean by the "classic export method"? I am running into the exact same problem and have been stuck for days. I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!
0 Kudos
Jia_XiShao1
New Contributor

hey sorry never mind. I just realized that I have 10.0. So the interface is different. Do you have any insights on solving this problem on 10.0? Thanks
0 Kudos
StephenIrving
New Contributor II
Hello,
I am having exactly the same problem as Lin above.  I am using ArcGIS  10.1 and HEC-GeoRas for 10.1.  I cannot for the life of me locate a "classic" import option.  Is this choice within ArcGIS or is it selected on export from within HEC-RAS? 

thanks in advance,

Steve
0 Kudos
MikeButler
New Contributor
Did anyone figure out where the "classic export method" is located?  Within GeoRas or HecRas?  What versions?
0 Kudos
PeterSmith6
New Contributor
I am also having the exact same problem importing files from HEC-RAS into HEC-GeoRAS with 10.1.  I have double checked that ap tools was not previously installed on my computer.  Please, does anyone have a solution or something else that can be checked.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MikeButler
New Contributor
I just installed ArcGIS 9.3 and Hec-Georas 4.3.93 and the classic option is available.  The classic option appears to allow the feature layers to be imported into a personal geodatabase, not a file geodatabase.  Since I too was having the same errors with ArcGIS 10.0, my only option was to reinstall older versions of ArcGIS and HEC-GeoRas.  This has been very frustrating, but the imports work fine using the older versions of both softwares - using the classic import into a personal geodatabase.
0 Kudos