Error while Creation HEC-HMS project

09-17-2013 01:39 AM
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
I am getting system. exception error as shown in the attachment while creating HEC-HMS project. it says the .met file is already
being used!! but where??
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ZenaidaMorales
New Contributor II
I am getting system. exception error as shown in the attachment while creating HEC-HMS project. it says the .met file is already
being used!! but where??

I was wondering if you could figure what was the problem out. I'm having the same problem when creating the project!
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Try this... Make sure you are not looking at any of the project files (mxd, or layers) in Arc Catalog. Close Arc Catalog, or any other program that could be previewing your files.
0 Kudos
ZenaidaMorales
New Contributor II
Mark, thank you very much for your reply.

I had already took into account closing the Arc Catalog. Since I couldn't find a solution, I entered manually the meteorological data in HEC-HMS.
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
I could find a work around to this error. Not sure if technically its right.
What I did was after completing all the steps upto "Create HMS project " . I opened a new .mxd, added all the project files and then created the HMS project. .hms project was created successfully. 

As of now I am not facing this error again, while working on other basins. Maybe it was some software glitch earlier.

Anyhow, I have found a word doc in which step no 9. seems to be a logical solution to this error. Its in the attachment.
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
I could find a work around to this error. Not sure if technically its right.
What I did was after completing all the steps upto "Create HMS project " . I opened a new .mxd, added all the project files and then created the HMS project. .hms project was created successfully. 

As of now I am not facing this error again, while working on other basins. Maybe it was some software glitch earlier.
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
Try this... Make sure you are not looking at any of the project files (mxd, or layers) in Arc Catalog. Close Arc Catalog, or any other program that could be previewing your files.

This works. Thanks Mark. all I did was turned off all layers in the dataframe. and project got successfully created 🙂
0 Kudos
BrunoAbatti
New Contributor

Hi, someone can help me? I`m trying to use hec-hms 4.0, but when i try to import basin model these errors appear.

ERROR 10127: Basin model "" could not be opened.

ERROR: 10000  Unknown exception or error; restart HEC-HMS to continue working.  Contact HEC for assistance.

0 Kudos
DavisHernandez-Alvarez
New Contributor

Does anyone have a different solution to this problem.  I have tried all of the suggestions above and have not been able to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
SuryanshMandloi
New Contributor

It worked for me when I shortened the path where the .hms file should be saved. I just saved it to a step back in the path and the project created successfully. I think this error comes when file path is larger.

0 Kudos