Error in DEM Reconditioning in Arc hydro 10

Jump to solution
10-04-2012 11:53 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: souris_boo

Hi!
I just installed Arc Hydro for ArcGis 10 and i receive this error in processing DEM Reconditioning

"Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"

Help please

Natalie
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I contacted support Arc hydro and my problem was that I did not have the OBJECTID field in my feature class.
I added it and now everything works fine. They will correct the problem.

Natalie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Natalie,

This is a common error message. It could be there is file conflict in your temp directory. By clearing the temp directory, you eliminate potential file conflicts. Go here (
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48100-ArcHydro-Problem-Solvers) to find several solutions including deleting the temp directory files. See the second suggestion under number 2 of the first post for the simplest way of doing this.

Report back if that works!

Mark
0 Kudos
MirzaBillah2
New Contributor

I am trying to reconditioning a raster (flow accumulation) using "DEM Reconditioning". However it keeps showing the following error ( details are attached)

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel)

My procedure is

Sink Evaluation > Flow Direction > Flow Accumulation > Fill sink > Flow Direction > Flow Accumulation > DEM Reconditioning

I have tried all the options described in this blog. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher

Mirza,

You should do the DEM Reconditioning first. Then do fill sinks. Then do flow direction. Basically the order of operation is the order the tools appear in the menu. You don't have to use all of the tools.

The HRESULT error could be due to having the project an Arc Hydro file on a network server. Move the project to your PC and try it.

Search for the "Arc Hydro Problem Solvers" thread. I created that thread and there are lots of practical suggestions there.

Mark

0 Kudos
MirzaBillah2
New Contributor

Mark,

​Appreciate your reply. DEM Reconditioning issue was solved. It was the processing extent that has to change from "Default" to "Same  as Display" 

Thanks,

MMB

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: kimcarlson

I am experiencing the same error when reconditioning a DEM ("burning" in field collected river vector data) using Arc Hydro tools.

Error 010024: Error during conversion

I'm running ArcGIS 10.1 in Windows 7 using Bootcamp. All files are saved on the windows side of the partition.

I've tried [as suggested aon this forum] deleting files in my temp directory, changing the processing extent, and setting the raster export pointer to a directory and the shapefile pointer to a geodatabase. The river vector data are saved in a geodatabase, and all my projections are WGS 1984 Mercator. I've played around with different projections and tried clipping the DEM in case it was a memory issue...all to no avail.

I am a long-time Arc user but have never used 10.1, bootcamp, nor Arc Hydro. Perhaps a bad combo.

Any suggestions would be very welcome! If Arc Hydro won't work for me, do you have any suggestions for other ways to burn our river field data into the DEM?

Attached is a record of this error.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi |

is that someone has an answer to this question ? I did all approach suggested above and I still get the same error

thanks

Natalie
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Natalie,

If you share your data, I could try to run the process on it.

Mark
0 Kudos
LorenaLombana
New Contributor

Hi Mark,  I have tried to run DEM RECONDITIONING, I have tried all the solutions posted here, but I couldn't run the tool. I'm using ArcGIS 10.7, windows 10. The process starts, but I have noticed in Results that after the "Eculidean Allocations", the process "IsNull" can't be completed, as follows:

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bien sure.....and how am I doing?

Thanks.
0 Kudos