Select to view content in your preferred language

Cascade flow within subbasins and stream segments: auto generate attribute table?

09-25-2012 10:25 AM
Labels (1)
TungNg
by
Occasional Contributor
Hello everyone,

I delineate my basin into subbasins and need to generate an attribute table that basically having information of how river flow from upstream to downstream: which subbasin flow to which stream segments and so on

Do you know any package or add-on can do this type of analysis? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Honored Contributor
I'm assuming that you know about ArcHydro. http://www.esri.com/industries/water_resources/business/watershed_management.html

ArcHydro uses the "HydroID" field to identify the watershed, and the "DrainID" in the rivers (DrainLine layer) identify the watersheds (HydroID) they drain. The DrainLine layer also has "arcid", "from_node" and "to_node" fields that I believe relate to the DrainagePoint layer fields in some way.

This may be of help in creating the table you want.
TungNg
by
Occasional Contributor
Thank you very much  MBoucher21. Let me check that one out!
0 Kudos
TungNg
by
Occasional Contributor
So ArcHydro did work. I used Catchment Polygon Processing & Drainage Line Processing to do that.
- The Catchment polygon will have fields stating the ID of the current subbasin & its downstream one
_ The Drainage Line has HydroID* (name of the current stream segment), DrainID (the subbasin it drains) & NextDownID* (next downstream segment it flows to)

Thanks again for your suggestion MBoucher21