Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcHydro Wetland Identification (WIM) - Train Test Split Tool giving HRESULT E_FAIL error

Jump to solution
10-22-2022 10:35 PM
Labels (2)
MalloryGill
Occasional Contributor

I've been using the WIM toolset for wetland identification successfully for a few months now, but I tried to open the "Train Test Split" tool yesterday and I'm now getting the error "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component." The error shows up instead of the usual tool parameter options, so many of the recommended problem solver suggestions for the "HRESULT" errors don't apply in that I can't modify geoprocessing extent or the location of data, etc since I can't even get to the parameters for the tool in the first place. The rest of the tools in the WIM set all open the parameter options and everything I've spot-checked in Archydro also works as expected.

My inclination is that it's related somehow to the archydro tools themselves or scikit-learn python package since it's bombing as soon as I try to open it and not showing any parameters. If I try to "edit" the Train Test Split tool from catalog, it says the script is empty but if I navigate manually to the traintestsplit.py file the script opens and looks as expected. 

I'm currently running ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3, ArcHydro tools 2.9.59, so the versions should be aligned.  I've tried the doable recommended ArcHydro problem solvers to no avail (restarts, new mxd, clearing temp folder). Anyone experienced something similar or have any ideas? ( @GinaO_Neil I'm hoping you have some magic up your sleeve! 🤞)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

That's good to know. That confirms the errors are associated with the tool UI's and not the code itself.

0 Kudos
KavianKoleini
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

Installing the updated ArcHydro 2.9.88 did not fix the problem with Train Test Split for me. In ArcPro 2.9.5 with ArcHydro 2.9.88, running Train Test Split results in ERROR 000576: Script associated with this tool does not exist. Another strange thing, after installing ArcHydro version 2.9.88, the Wetland Indicator Model itself is no longer available as a tool. The individual scripts the make up the Model are there and seem to work, except for Train Test Split. Searching help on ERROR 000576, ESRI recommends a right-click the failed script tool and click Properties. Doing so crashes ArcPro entirely. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

Hi @KavianKoleini 

I'm surprised Train Test Split is still failing as a standalone tool. Can you email me to set up a screenshare? goneil@esri.com

I will mention that going forward we are focusing most on maintaining WIM tools for Pro 3+. I do recommend upgrading to the newer version of Pro when you are able to.

For the ModelBuilder implementation of WIM - this has not been actively maintained as it is not the recommended WIM implementation. However, I can work with you to get a working version of the chained tools. This can either be modelbuilder or a WIM notebook

0 Kudos
GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

For anyone else following this thread - there are new versions of Arc Hydro for both 2.9 and 3 available for download. These updates appear to address the errors @KavianKoleini pointed out.

0 Kudos