ArcHydro 10.1 64bit: AdjointCatchment Bug

05-15-2013 05:08 AM
Labels (1)
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I wanted to find out from the rest of the community if they have come across the following. I'm currently testing Arc Hydro 64 bit for ArcGIS 10.1 (version 10.1.3143) and have come across a bug that was around in ArcGIS 10, not sure of the version of Arc Hydro. I run most of my Terrain Preprocessing steps from the Arc Hydro Toolboxes and not from within ArcMap. I'm currently developing a Python Module that will perform all my Terrain Preprocessing steps for me. The bug is this, if you run AdjointCatchment from the ArcHydro Toolboxes it produces an empty feature class although it says it has completed successfully. Only if you run AdjointCatchment from the Arc Hydro Toolbar within ArcMap does it successfully produce a feature class that is populated.

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MBoucher21

I used to have problems like this. Since I've changed my practice to put the project on my local drive, the Arc Hydro process has run faster and with very few crashes or errors like this. I can see by your images that you have the project on your T: drive. Move it to the C: drive (assuming that T: is on a network and C: is your local drive) and see if you get better/faster results.

Also, at one time I found that long path names created some problems. Simplifying the directory names helped. Working on the local drive did that, sped up the process, and resolved a host problems, struggling, and head banging.
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
There was a bug in AdjointCatchment when run in geoprocessing background mode/ArcCatalog. This has been fixed in version 10.1.0.157 available on the ftp site.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos