Arc Hydro Installation Issue

06-29-2020 08:58 AM
Labels (1)
KevinSchmidt
New Contributor

I currently have the most up to date version of ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 installed on my machine. I tried to install Hydo Tools and I get the following error message: ArcGIS Pro version 1.2 or greater is required. 

I am installing the .msi file located here: yellow.esri.com - /archydro/archydro/Setup/Pro/ArcHydroPro2.0.187/ 

How can I fix this error and install the Arc Hydro tools on my ArcGIS Pro?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

The installer searches the registry for the following registry key / value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro

RealVersion

If the value is >= “1.2” then the installation will proceed.

Either the value for RealVersion is less than 1.2 or the installer cannot read the registry value for some reason.

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos
SheilaKelly1
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same error.

My registry is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Esri\ArcGISPro and the RealVersion is 2.6. Is there any way to get the Arc Hydro installer to search in HKEY_CURRENT_USERS instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

To open the registry, just click the search button and type in regedit. Then navigate to the key.

Christine

0 Kudos
SheilaKelly1
New Contributor II

My registry is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Esri\ArcGISPro and the RealVersion is 2.6. Is there any way to get the Arc Hydro installer to search in HKEY_CURRENT_USERS instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?

0 Kudos
KyleO_Neil
New Contributor

Hi Sheila, I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to point the installer at the HKEY_CURRENT_USERS directory? 

0 Kudos
SheilaKelly1
New Contributor II

Hi Kyle. I ended up uninstalling Pro and reinstalling it. There's a window in the install process that allows you to select if you want to software located on the local machine for all users or if you want it just for the current user. At that point you can select to make it available for all users. It will then install and the registry will be located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

KyleO_Neil
New Contributor

Great. Thanks!

0 Kudos