APFramework for HECGeoHMS 4.2.93

07-19-2010 11:03 PM
Labels (1)
YibeltalAyenew
New Contributor
Hello!
I am get difficulties in using of the New version HECGeoHMS with ArcGIS 9.3 for Water resources study. The popup message saya it needs APFramework 3.1.0.42. Where shall we get it? I am trying to search from esri website still I didn't get.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor
Whoever provided the copy of HEC-GeoHMS to you should have provided the ApFramework and Arc Hydro tools (prerequisites for GeoHMS).  If you got it from HEC's web site, that version contains full installation package, so this problem should not appear.  It is hard to diagnose the installation problems without more detail on the source of the GeoHMS package.  The 9.3 version has not been updated in a while, so I am not sure what the reference to "new version" relates to.  The safest way is to uninstall HEC-GeoHMS, Arc Hydro, and ApFramework you have currently installed (and preferably clean the registry), download the official HEC-GeoHMS from HEC's web site, and try to install it again.

Dean
0 Kudos
PatriciaCarbajales-Dale
New Contributor III
I am having exactly the same problem in 9.3
We are not able to install HEC-GeoHMS for 9.3, apparently due to the incorrect version of Apframework.
I did sucessfully installed Hec-GeoRAS with the "hidden" package on the ESRI ftp site. However, the package for HEC-GeoHMS as it is right now from the official HEC website does not work.
Any ideas??
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Patricia,

The ESRI ftp site version of HEC GeoHMS 4.2.93 is most current and deploys version 3.1.0.93 of the ApFramework9 and 1.4.0.248 of the ArcHydro Tools. Since you'd previously updated your version of AppFramework9 with the HEC GeoRAS install, you also needed the matching versions of ArcHydro and GeoHMS from the ESRI ftp site as well--as you discovered the HEC download site version of GeoHMS is incompatible with your installed version of the application framework.

It is probably best (and believe it is intended) that for a user, all the Water Resources components are maintained at the same release level by updating the entire suite when you update any one component via the ftp site. The versioned releases are all maintained for the community by the ESRI Water Resources Group on the ftp server, but it can be confusing as to which to grab. A careful read of the installation procedures and release notes will help sort it out. 

Also, see if the suggestions in this thread help with cleaning up the installs.

[INDENT]http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/13235-Problems-with-Hec-GeoHMS-Installation[/INDENT]

Stuart
0 Kudos
PatriciaCarbajales-Dale
New Contributor III
Thank you, Stuart. It works.
I think that for future users installing Hec-GeoHMS and ArcHydro they should know two things:
- Do not install ArcHydro first. Install the Hec-GeoHMS package from ESRI that also installs the compatible version of APframework and ArcHydro.
-If you happen to have installed ArcHydro first, you need to uninstall 3 programs before you can install Hec-GeoHMS. These are:
+ArcHydro Tools
+Water Utilities Tools
+XML Exchange Tools
If any of these 3 programs are previously installed in a previous version, Hec-GeoHMS will not get installed.
Hope this helps anybody else. It took us a while to get here. Thanks to Stuart for the links.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Sorry,  I had to correct the 2 Oct post as the URL to the release notes (readme09172010.doc) changed with an update release on 8 Oct.

So, to obtain latest release notes, from the folder listing reached via the ftp URL below download the readme<dateofrelease>.doc document.

[indent]ftp://RiverHydraulics:river%2E1114@ftp.esri.com[/indent]

Then please fully read the installation procedures and release notes before downloading and attempting to setup any of the components. It will save you a lot of aggravation.  Be sure you obtain the correct release for your version of ArcGIS and remove any prior version components before starting an install.

Stuart
0 Kudos