Select to view content in your preferred language

An error occurs when running the Build Walls tool.

08-06-2024 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
TaoChenalan
Emerging Contributor

When running the Build Walls tool, the generated wallDEM.tif raster is incorrect, and the elevation range becomes infinite and infinitesimal.

TaoChenalan_0-1722978284393.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Honored Contributor

I've had this happen. Check the your projection/coordinate system is the same for all layers.

I put the agreestream and innerwall layers in a geodatabase and that seems to "help" (I've used ArcMap Desktop, so maybe ArcPro is different).

A side note:  I see you have 0 for your wall and breach buffers.

When I use walls and breaches I always use at least a 2 cell buffer for the walls. I only need one cell for the breachbuffer. The image below shows that with only 1 cell for the wall buffer, you can get "leaks" (orange line) since the flow direction grid will "see through" the wall where the non-walled cells meet at the corners (diagonals).

Mark

MarkBoucher_0-1722981824041.png

0 Kudos
TaoChenalan
Emerging Contributor

hello, Mark.It works, thank you. It seems we need to define the coordinate system before drawing the "wall"

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

Please review document: "Arc Hydro - Project Development Best Practices".  

https://community.esri.com/t5/water-resources-documents/arc-hydro-project-development-best-practices...

To ensure proper behavior of Arc Hydro tools (AH), your vector and raster data should be using the same coordinate system (ideally a PCS).  While some AH tools might work when that is not applied, there is no guarantee across the board.  The document also goes through several other pointers that will make your life easier when using AH (and in general any GIS) tools.