User Conference 2022 Plenary Session Question

Jump to solution
07-06-2022 08:10 AM
JenniferFong
New Contributor

Quick question from a first time UC attendee- are the morning, mid-morning, and afternoon plenary sessions all the same content or are they different? I'm planning my agenda and am not sure if I need to attend just one or all three. Thank you so much for your advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Different. 1st morning session is primarily Jack where talks broadly about GIS, ESRI, and touches on what's new. 2nd morning session after the short break is where ESRI demos/announces the new enhancements across the ArcGIS platform but also live demos some of what Jack may have mentioned.

The first afternoon session after the lunch break is usually some sort of show & tell of GIS technology applied along with some example of K-12 graders use of GIS. The last afternoon session would be the actually keynote speaker's presentation. After that, the map gallery opens & everyone heads up there.

You can get a taste of this by going to ESRI's YouTube channel and looking at the plenary videos for either of the last 2 UCs. Although they were virtual, the content delivered is pretty much in the same manner as what is presented at the in person UCs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Different. 1st morning session is primarily Jack where talks broadly about GIS, ESRI, and touches on what's new. 2nd morning session after the short break is where ESRI demos/announces the new enhancements across the ArcGIS platform but also live demos some of what Jack may have mentioned.

The first afternoon session after the lunch break is usually some sort of show & tell of GIS technology applied along with some example of K-12 graders use of GIS. The last afternoon session would be the actually keynote speaker's presentation. After that, the map gallery opens & everyone heads up there.

You can get a taste of this by going to ESRI's YouTube channel and looking at the plenary videos for either of the last 2 UCs. Although they were virtual, the content delivered is pretty much in the same manner as what is presented at the in person UCs.

JenniferFong
New Contributor

Awesome. Thank you SteveCole for your explanation. It really helps me as a newbie!

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Sure, good luck and have fun. A few last points to add-

The morning plenary session(s) are very well attended. The sessions after the lunch break aren't.

Also, in general, if you have the ability to do your onsite registration on Saturday or Sunday, do it. It will be the easiest and least populated time and you can breeze through the process. Same goes for setting up a map gallery submission if you're doing that.

0 Kudos