Select to view content in your preferred language

UC Presentations need tags

07-19-2014 10:26 AM
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

The UC presentations were all loaded without any tags.  As a result they are not coming up when I search for them.  This should have been done by ESRI staff when they uploaded them, but that can be remedied if we all pitch in.  These presentations are a great resource for many topics that come up in the community discussions and deserve the effort to make them searchable.

I am trying to add tags to the topics so they will come up.  I could use help getting it done.

I am trying to apply a set of universal tags like:

esri uc 2014, demo theater, technical workshop, powerpoint; presentation

I also am adding key words from the presentation topic like Python, JavaScript, Analysis, Tips and Tricks, etc. and the presenter names.

I also will be adding Agenda Topic Code tags from the pocket Agenda like TW, KEY, LID, 3DCIT, etc.

If you have other suggestions for tags let me know.  Please help me to get these presentations tagged properly so we can continue to benefit from the User Conference through the Geonet community.

10 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

Christina:

I don't know the presenter names, only the title of the presentation. 

Search results are affected by tags.  When I searched for presentations before putting on tags at most I would get 20 results for the tw_ keyword.  Now I get 91 (but in fact there are more than 91).  If I put in technical workshop which is a tag I get 108 results now.  These do not include demo theater tw_ uploads or handouts.  Before I might have gotten 20.results.  For uc presentation I get 132 results now.  Before it cut off at about 20,  Adding the tags made these posts searchable, if for no other reason than it made Jive scan them for more text,

Anyway, I know a lot more tagged posts are returned from a search than untagged posts.

0 Kudos