Select to view content in your preferred language

UC Agenda Planner - not signing in

Jump to solution
06-15-2016 08:43 AM
Labels (1)
LeahBowyer1
Deactivated User

I'm having trouble using the My UC detailed agenda planner. It continually prompts me to sign-in. I've tried through the My UC link as well as just the general link on the UC website. Any suggestions or fixes? I've used both Chrome and IE, and my password still works/allows me to log-in. My colleague is also having this issue. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Byron,

Maybe try this link?

https://userconference2017.schedule.esri.com/schedule 

I can see the detailed schedule at this link, using firefox.

0 Kudos
ByronFoster2
Emerging Contributor

I tried the link using Chrome and IE but get to the same "Checking Credentials" spot and cannot go any further.

0 Kudos
ByronFoster2
Emerging Contributor

I had already tried that link on my home PC using Firefox and ended up with the same results....checking credentials....nothing happens after that.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm able to see it in IE11,  Chrome 58.0.03029.110 and Firefox 51.1.1

I know you mentioned you are using the same user/pass on the app, but any chance that the desktop is storing the credentials for another user account and trying to log in in automatically.  This happens to me on occasion (especially in IE) because my myesri account (which I use to register for UC) is different than my (many) AGOL accounts.  Occasionally it will go into a loop.

Sometimes it helps to see all the usernames you may have associated with an email.  If you go to the log in screen and choose the "Forgot username" you will get a list of all the usernames emailed to the email account you provide. 

I know my "UC housing" account had the "GISP" added to my log in for that.....which was strange because the only place I have that shown is associated with this geonet username.  Somehow my registration grabbed it (probably as I was clicking thru the tabs, and didn't notice).

Can you log into  http://events.esri.com/uc/2017/myAccount/index.cfm?fa=main_form   (your MyUC account/page) ? Does the link to the agenda work from there?

Just a few things to try.  BTW - I can see the full agenda even without logging in.  Just can't mark favorites. 

BTW - I've never seen the "papers" email, but there are a couple links at the bottom of the main Esri User Conference 2017: July 10–14, San Diego, CA | Esri GIS Conference  page including a phone number and confregis@esri.com as the email.  You may have better luck with those connections.

For what it's worth, here is another thread with the same issue https://community.esri.com/thread/196210-2017-uc-agenda-schedular   It may be worth marking the "I have the same issue" or adding a comment.

tagging David Hendrick 

ByronFoster2
Emerging Contributor

For clarification, I have always been able to see the detailed agenda. However, I cannot mark sessions unless I log in. Upon entering my username and password, only one username associated with my email, I am then stuck at the Checking Credentials page.

Per several people I have spoken to, at ESRI, this is an issue that sometimes it is fixed for a bit and then reappears.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Interesting. So I guess I was just seeing the detailed agenda without logging in. Then I logged in and got the "Checking Credentials" page.

Though, I let it sit for about a minute or two and it finally got me to the conference schedule. 

0 Kudos
ByronFoster2
Emerging Contributor

I have let the web page sit there with Checking Credentials for 6 hours but no change.

Oh well, nothing can be done at this point.

Thanks for everyone's help.

0 Kudos
ByronFoster2
Emerging Contributor

Problem Solved!

The solution to my problem was that I had to create a new account WITHOUT the @ symbol in my username. My username was my email address. The User Conference detailed agenda would load but one could not sign in as you would be stuck at the checking credentials page.

Margaret (Project Management, Marketing Operations) from ESRI responded with "We have recently discovered an issue when your account username has an @ sign in it, the log in hangs on the UC web agenda.  We are looking in to it but since we just discovered this, I’m not sure of when we may have a fix. Your account isn’t tied to your registration, so there is no real downside to having to create another account, other than having 1 more username/password to remember."

Problem solved. I can now add items to my agenda.

Thank you Margaret for being the 5th person to look at the problem but you actually solved it. I appreciate your efforts.

0 Kudos