Scope of Hands-On: Python Scripting for GIS People?

Jump to solution
03-28-2017 06:24 AM
JillKelly
New Contributor III

Does anyone know the scope of the Hands-On: Python Scripting for GIS People pre-conference workshop at UC 2017?  Will it use the python API or is it arcpy via the desktop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlanCoyle
Esri Contributor

The class at the UC will focus on using arcpy in the desktop environment.  The class will cover the first two days worth of material from the three day instructor lead course:  Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts Using Python.

We are in the process of developing training material for using arcpy with the ArcGIS API.  This will be coming soon but is not what is being taught at the UC.  Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any follow up questions on the class at the UC.  acoyle@esri.com.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess is it wil be with Arcpy, but will tag others for more authoritative answer.

Jack HortonAlan CoyleEsri Training

AlanCoyle
Esri Contributor

The class at the UC will focus on using arcpy in the desktop environment.  The class will cover the first two days worth of material from the three day instructor lead course:  Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts Using Python.

We are in the process of developing training material for using arcpy with the ArcGIS API.  This will be coming soon but is not what is being taught at the UC.  Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any follow up questions on the class at the UC.  acoyle@esri.com.