Have a question about the 2018 Call for Presentations?

10-26-2017 08:57 AM
KCShearer
Esri Contributor

Ask us here or email us at papers@esri.com.  We can't wait to hear from you!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
VinceRosales1
New Contributor

Hi KC, how likely is it that the Call for Papers deadline will be extended beyond tomorrow?

Thanks!

CharlottePapp
Occasional Contributor II

Hi vrcybertech It is 100% likely that it is moved to Wednesday November 22nd!

HilaryCampbell
New Contributor III

Hello, KC.  May users submit more than one abstract for consideration?  We have a number of initiatives underway in our organization, each with a distinct focus or purpose.  As long as each submission is unique, is it acceptable for the same user to submit multiple abstracts?

I'd also love an extension on the deadline.  🙂

0 Kudos
CharlottePapp

Hi Hilary,

Unfortunately each primary presenter may only submit one abstract. We do this to allow everyone the same opportunity to present. If you are working with a group of people (or your company has multiple projects of interest), you can list another group member as the primary presenter and submit the additional abstracts that way.

If you have any questions please email me directly at paper@esri.com

0 Kudos
CharlottePapp

Also, see the above about the deadline!

0 Kudos
LisaDubas
New Contributor

I am submitting an abstract for a MGIS Capstone presentation.  Although I work for a company that has a customer ID I will not be presenting for that organization.  I don't want my organization to be associated with my talk since it has nothing to do with their business.  How do I answer the required organization and customer ID question.  I do have an ID from a home use license.

Lisa

0 Kudos
KCShearer
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa,

You can use the name of the university for the organization and the customer ID from your home use license.  I also suggest that in the "Extended Abstract" field you share that it is for your MGIS Capstone presentation; knowing this could be really helpful for the review team.

KC

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I click on the Submit Abstract button it takes me to a new page and says "We're sorry - An Error Occurred", has the page already been closed?

0 Kudos
PriscillaVasquez
Esri Contributor

Hi Stephanie,

No, the submission portal is open until midnight (PST) on Wednesday, November 22nd. 

Your error may be caused from a busy submission time period or an internet browser error. My suggestion would be maybe clear your cache and try again. 

If you continue to face any issues, please email papers@esri.com and we can continue to troubleshoot. 

Best,

Priscilla 

0 Kudos