Navigator scale problem

08-27-2010 08:20 AM
LarryWilliams
New Contributor III
When i type in a destination and hit the Navigate button, Navigator goes to the map and zooms in to a scale of 1:1.  I have to hit the minus sign about 15 times before I finally see the streets around the vehicle.

How do I get it to stop zooming to such a high scale?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BertYagrich
New Contributor
The default scale it zooms to should definitely not be 1:1.  Can you tell me which dataset you're using (Tele Atlas or NAVTEQ) and give me an example of an address which shows this behavior?

I've attached an image showing the default scale you should see when navigating between two stops.

Also, if you go into 2D mode, what number is displayed above the scale bar?  Each time you hit 'Navigate', this should default back to .1 miles in 2d mode.
0 Kudos
LarryWilliams
New Contributor III
We're using our own data created by a service provider.  I won't be able to give you more details until Monday.
0 Kudos
BertYagrich
New Contributor
Ok, I have a feeling that it may be data related then but we'll try to figure it out next week.  Clicking the zoom out button 15x each time you route probably isn't very convenient.
0 Kudos
LarryWilliams
New Contributor III
There appears to be a problem with how Navigator is interpreting the map data.  I you look at the attached files you will see the the scales are out of this world and inconsistant.  Also, as I navigate a route using the similated GPS the scales fluctuate.

Please note the difference in scale values between Full scale at 600km and Usable Scale 13,500Km
0 Kudos
BertYagrich
New Contributor
I'm almost positive this won't work with data that is built using metric measurements.  I will confirm with those that build the data but I know even the Europe data is built using MPH and then converted. 

Who built this data?  Is there any specific reason you need to use custom data vs. off the shelf Tele Atlas or NAVTEQ products?
0 Kudos
LarryWilliams
New Contributor III
Its being built by:
http://www.navigate.com.au/contact_us.htm
NAVIGATE Pty Ltd

Yes we need to route our inspectors to roads that are not yet built.  Our data includes this.  Is there a way that we could provide the data in MPH? Perhaps by changing our projection.
0 Kudos
BertYagrich
New Contributor
We know the guys at that company, I'll contact them and we'll figure something out.  Thanks.
0 Kudos