help doing PhD, GIS and transportation

12-31-2013 11:29 AM
deleted-user-N0BlSRinBynB
New Contributor
I am doing my PhD now ,, my area of interest is GIS and transportation , i am still searching about good topic to work with ....

any idea,

thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
There are plenty. Any transportation activity is spatial in nature and hence suitable for a GIS analysis. GIS does not necessarily mean ArcGIS. If you want to restrict to arcgis, I advice you go through the extension of network analyst, and linear referencing to see the potential and possibilities that exist with arcgis.Regards,
0 Kudos
deleted-user-N0BlSRinBynB
New Contributor
There are plenty. Any transportation activity is spatial in nature and hence suitable for a GIS analysis. GIS does not necessarily mean ArcGIS. If you want to restrict to arcgis, I advice you go through the extension of network analyst, and linear referencing to see the potential and possibilities that exist with arcgis.Regards,

bsriramak , thanks for your advice ,,, i am working on it but till now i face difficulties to get good topic 😞 ,
0 Kudos
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hmm, may be you should bring clarity on your background, are you mobility/ accessibility planner, highway ingineer, municipal planner,  landuse and transport planner etc etc.... 🙂

may be google can help you more. you can also go to various university websites and see what research projects are being funded the most.

regards,
0 Kudos