Select to view content in your preferred language

Accessing Parcel Fabric Layers

03-24-2014 11:08 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Aubrey

I am attempting to create a python script with inputs from the parcel fabric. I am not sure if this is possible, because I am already having trouble with the most basic of functions.
arcpy.SelectLayerByLocation_management(r"NewFabric\Parcels","HAVE_THEIR_CENTER_IN","Subdivision")

does not work. These is no error message returned, but no Parcels are selected.

Similarly, the Select Layer by Location tool in the Data Management toolbox does not work.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32451[/ATTACH]

However, the Select by Location menu option from the ArcMap Selection menu does work.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32452[/ATTACH]

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these tools that would cause one to actually select Parcels, but not the other? Is there any way to change my Python code so that it will work, or should I just give up now? I was hoping to do more complicated things with the Parcels later.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Aubrey

I ended up submitting an ESRI ticket about this, and the solution turned out to be: uncheck Enable Background Processing in the Geoprocessing Options window. After I did this, I was able to select Parcels by location using the python code and the ArcToolbox tool. I just thought I'd post an update in case someone with the same problem finds this thread later by searching.
0 Kudos