Select to view content in your preferred language

Utility network for Telecommunications

Jump to solution
03-27-2018 06:35 AM
RajeshMane3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

My name is Rajesh Mane. We are planning to implement Utility network for our existing datamodel. Our datamodel replicated from Ericson's Network Engineer data model. It built on geometric network principals.

Can any idea do we have anything similar which can ease our migration of existing datamodel to esri's utility network.

Does esri provides sample datamodel which built on UN for Telecommunications and fiber networks.

We would appreciate If ESRI throw some highlights on this topic as well.

In my search , I saw several topics in Utility network that supports GAS , WATER and Electric but not much on Telco side. If any one has implemented or migrated their telco network then pls share your experience.

I heard there is Utility network configuration extension required to built compressive datamodel. Any plans for release similar for telco ? If yes. By when ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh Mane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

As rkrisher‌ said, the Telecommunications Utility Network Configuration, which will include the telco data model, has not been released yet.  Currently, we anticipate a Q2 2019 release. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The Telco model has not yet been released.  Last I heard it was scheduled to be released sometime around either the UC or the end of the year (2018).

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

I have one small query. As you have said telco model not yet released. Can we still go for Utility Network and its extension. If yes, How ?

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Rajesh,

That's a great question for you to take to your Esri representative.  Because getting from your current model to the new telco model will require performing a data conversion you could begin putting this on your road map.  If you wanted to be an early adopter you could begin by standing up an environment to get familiar with one of the models that has been released (electric, water, or gas) along with the tools and workflows provided by the application.  If you were to start standing up a sandbox now that would give you approximately one year to get familiar with the Utility Network and begin planning for how you will adopt it going forward.

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

We are putting that on our roadmap. Happy to hear more on this from your representative.

Also , Schematics diagrams that are currently on 9.3.1. Any roadmap for migration those in Network diagrams?

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Rajesh,

To be clear, I don't work for or represent Esri with anything I do.  I'm just another GIS developer dealing with a lot of the same questions right now.  I would recommend you reach out to Esri about schematics, I haven't heard about any tools for converting schematics into diagrams.

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
Occasional Contributor

HI,

Apologies for miscommunication. I will take this concern personnel.

Rajesh

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

As rkrisher‌ said, the Telecommunications Utility Network Configuration, which will include the telco data model, has not been released yet.  Currently, we anticipate a Q2 2019 release. 

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
Occasional Contributor

I have one small query. As you have said telco model not yet released. Can we still go for Utility Network and its extension. If yes, How ?

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can still use the utility network without an Esri supplied a telco data model today.  You would need to create your own data model and configure a utility network for it.  

0 Kudos