Fiber Network Editing Tools - Capabilities? Alternatives?

03-26-2014 12:11 PM
SarahSullivan
New Contributor
I only have the basic ArcGIS.  Would anyone using the Fiber Network Editing Tools be willing to have a web conference with me to show me everything that the tool does?  (I don't want to upgrade without knowing what it can do!)

Also, does anyone use any alternatives for managing detailed fiber or other telecom data?  If so, what software are you using, what's your general experience with it and the pros/cons?  (For example, these solutions: http://www.esri.com/industries/telecom/solution_guides/wirelinepreview)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CathleenAlmberg
New Contributor
You may want to get in touch with Mark Reddick, the telecom tool developer for ESRI. He can fully go over the toolset functionality, so you can decide if you want to upgrade your ArcGIS desktop license. mreddick@esri.com

I work for a small municipality with underground fiber service to commercial customers. We've incorporated the ESRI telecom model and tools to inventory our fiber infrastructure. However we have reached the limits of its capability and are window-shopping for a more robust Fiber Management Solution. Given our size and budget we are focusing on Crescent Link and 3-GIS.
0 Kudos
SarahSullivan
New Contributor
Thank you for the info!

You may want to get in touch with Mark Reddick, the telecom tool developer for ESRI. He can fully go over the toolset functionality, so you can decide if you want to upgrade your ArcGIS desktop license. mreddick@esri.com

I work for a small municipality with underground fiber service to commercial customers. We've incorporated the ESRI telecom model and tools to inventory our fiber infrastructure. However we have reached the limits of its capability and are window-shopping for a more robust Fiber Management Solution. Given our size and budget we are focusing on Crescent Link and 3-GIS.
0 Kudos
RajaIjazHaider
New Contributor

we are willing to provide guidance by showing our Fiber Utility Management System (FUMS) https://enterprise.sitdigital.com/storymap/

0 Kudos