Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Drive Testing Route

09-07-2017 08:10 AM
CodyRacette
New Contributor

I would like to create a driving route that covers all roads inside of a polygon.

The goal of this route is to record signal strength from a gps and radio device from all roads inside a polygon. In order to do this I will need to generate the most efficient way to drive all roads in a given area. 

I will have an android tablet as well as a windows computer in the vehicle used for drive testing, in order to follow the route.

Can this be done in arcgis online? I also have arcmap standard subscription.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like potentially you could have a multi-stop route generated in ArcGIS Online that could cover all the roads.  Also, a custom network dataset could be built using Network Analyst and allow you to route all the streets that you need to.  Did you ever find an answer?  

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Cody Racette‌ just following up your question. Is this what you are looking for? Plan Routes—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is another resource if you are looking to collect the signal information directly within ArcGIS.

https://community.esri.com/groups/applications-prototype-lab/blog/2018/03/14/dual-platform-mobile-ce...