Select to view content in your preferred language

T3G 2017 Info

12-22-2016 10:31 AM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

T3G 2017 will be different! We're going online, which means new opportunities.

• Sat April 22 + Sat April 29, 2017; both days 9:00-12:00 + 12:30-3:30 pm PDT (= 0600-1230HST =1200-1830EDT)
  • Online only, using the ZOOM platform, plus GeoNet, plus various Esri apps engaging ArcGIS Online, and other tools
  • For T3G alums only; as we bring T3G to online operation for all, we need you to help us calibrate things; but we may need to limit it to 100 ... yikes.
  • Required for someone who wants an "Esri ConnectED Workshop $upport grant" in 2017
  • HIGHLY interactive, with big group presentations, small group discussions, hands-on experience, Q&A, special help, special networking time with folks in your region and in your specialty community, and more
  • An opportunity to see new tools and materials, and hear about some big changes in both K12 ed and higher ed

Cool! How do I sign up?

• Step#1: Respond by Jan 9, 2017, to the T3G2017 interest survey, either in a browser or using the Survey123 app. ((Really? Wild! How does that work? Come to T3G2017 to find out, or get busy reading the Survey123 blog!)
  • Step#2: See the full application requirements. Coming soon, but essentially...
    • Certificate of Completion for Esri training course "Teaching with GIS" (needed only from T3G 2009-2013 alums, since it was required just to apply to T3G in 2014-15-16)
    • You can log into the T3G Org (http://esrit3g.maps.arcgis.com); contact Charlie if you can't log in
    • Your GeoNet login is up to date -- member of T3G group, profile shows first and last name, profile has a recognizable photo of you (not an avatar) as the default (you can have multiple pics!), description includes "T3G" somewhere
    • Your locator dot in the public T3G map (http://esriurl.com/usk12gis, Map#5) is in a reasonably correct location and has the correct active link for your GeoNet profile
    • You have established either your own personal free "Developer account" or your own fee-based "Personal Account" and set up its home page, and can log into it
    • You have studied two critical docs accessible from http://k12.maps.arcgis.com, >> "01.InstructionDocs", which are "#03 AGO Use Strategies" and "#06.AGO Orgs for Schools"
    • You have produced a very modest story map that meets a few specific criteria, to be announced by Jan 14 2017, but including whether you expect to seek a ConnectED Workshop $upport grant from Esri in 2017.
  • Step#3: Prepare for T3G 2017
    • We will use Zoom (http://zoom.us), which is really powerful and easy but takes a little getting used to. We will have NO TIME DURING T3G for anyone to spend learning the interface. People must know how to use it. So we will have some sessions in advance during which participants will need to log in and check that you can see us and talk to us, and we can see you and talk to you. Actions: Cycle participant window style, access chat, send/receive messages, raise your hand, mute/unmute, turn video on/off, maximize/unmaximize the window.
    • Ensure you have the best situation possible for online learning -- high-speed internet (hard wired is best; robust wifi is doable); headset or speakers+microphone required; second monitor if possible, two up-to-date browsers (Chrome and Firefox; Safari OK; stay away from IE and Edge if possible; Chromebook users should get familiar with incognito mode since you may not have another browser)
    • You know your various logins or have them written down and can swap in/out in a flash, for T3G AGO Org, work Org, personal Org, GeoNet.
    • You have as much experience as possible with ArcGIS Online, the ArcGIS platform concept, the Esri ConnectED story, the Esri website

We look forward to seeing you online!

Tags (1)
2 Replies
KelliDickerson1
New Contributor

I'm excited about the online version of T3G 2017, but I'm afraid my access/participation may be limited due to a conflict... I have a GISer-in-training due Apr 21 so I may still be in the hospital...

0 Kudos
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

No worries Kelli. People who responded to the survey indicating interest but schedule issue are good by us. Attend what you can. Live life as required. Family comes first, job comes later, T3G comes later. ;>