Select to view content in your preferred language

Tax Parcel Viewer issue w fully qualified field names

12-30-2013 04:47 AM
Labels (1)
LizDaRos
Regular Contributor
Hi, I'm having trouble with my mapservice query on the Tax Parcel Viewer. I've tested this on all three versions 10.0, 10.1, & 10.2 and all version don't work with this mapservice. My mapservice (10.1) that I use to query the parcels is my parcels layer joined on an attribute table so my field names look like this- Owner.dbo.CamaGov.PARCEL_ADDRESS. Every time I query a parcel I get this error-
TypeError: _10(...) is undefined
Has anyone had this problem with fully qualified field names using the tax parcel viewer? What do I need to change to allow this to work?
Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
What field type is Owner.dbo.CamaGov.PARCEL_ADDRESS?  Does this match the data model supplied by ESRI for the Tax Parcel Viewer?
0 Kudos
LizDaRos
Regular Contributor
type: esriFieldTypeString

I should mention that I had a tax parcel viewer 10.0 up and running with my 10.0 mapservices which worked great. I am currently trying to upgrade my services to 10.1 and have been noticing all my 10.1 services that have a join with an attribute table come out with the fully qualified field names. I didn't have this issue with 10.0. This leads me to think that I need to make a change in the tax parcel viewer to allow it to use fully qualified field names.
0 Kudos
RussellCamp
Emerging Contributor
I am also having issues with the Tax Parcel Viewer application and using a parcel layer with a joined attribute table and fully qualified field names.

Using Firefox & Firebug, I can see that the data is being returned correctly from the query, but all that shows up in the search panel is "parcel not found at specified location" if I click on a parcel, firebug shows the correct data returned, but no parcel selection or info window, just a popup that says "parcel not found at specified location"

We will be migrating to the local government data model in a few months, but I need to find a workable solution now.

Anyone?
0 Kudos
LizDaRos
Regular Contributor
Russell did you ever find a fix for this?
0 Kudos
LizDaRos
Regular Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion Frank but that didn't seem to do the trick.
0 Kudos
RussellCamp
Emerging Contributor
Russell did you ever find a fix for this?

We implemented the Parcel Publishing feature dataset in our current Geodatabase from the Local Government Model and populated it with our existing parcel data.

We are looking to fully implement the Local Government data model and migrate to The Parcel Fabric sometime in the Fall.
0 Kudos