Staging data to parcel fabric in SQL geodatabase

Jump to solution
07-09-2014 11:43 AM
Labels (1)
JoeJohns
New Contributor II

Is it necessary to migrate data to a parcel fabric in a SQL based geodatabase from a SQL based staging geodatabase, or can the staging database be a file geodatabase? Thanks, Joe J.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

The staging geodatabase can be a file geodatabase and migrated using XML import or Copy/Paste through ArcGIS for Desktop. During the migration process you will be able to choose which configuration keyword that you would like to use (i.e. Geometry, Geography, Binary, etc).  ArcGIS will handle all the conversions for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

The staging geodatabase can be a file geodatabase and migrated using XML import or Copy/Paste through ArcGIS for Desktop. During the migration process you will be able to choose which configuration keyword that you would like to use (i.e. Geometry, Geography, Binary, etc).  ArcGIS will handle all the conversions for you.

0 Kudos
JoeJohns
New Contributor II

Christian,

Just what I needed to know. I recall being told a couple of years ago that it was necessary to migrate using the same kind of geodatbase but couldn't find any detailed info on it now. All the new developments/options over the last couple of years has really made things much more simple. Thanks for the prompt response.

0 Kudos