Select to view content in your preferred language

Preparing source data for Fabric load...

10-27-2010 06:58 AM
Labels (1)
NickKenczka
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,

I am working through the pre-processing of our land records source data for the eventual migration into a parcel fabric.  I've read through all the help, I've tested both the load through the topology and the wizard (_arc, _node, _polygon) and I think we've decided to go with the wizard for the loading process.  I�??m using the Cadastral Fabric Source Builder to prepare our data for the loading process and I�??m coming up with some issues that are creating problems when I load the source data into the fabric.

1) During the process of building a fabric source, not all nodes are being created where there should be nodes, and not all lines are being split where there should be nodes (done through the planarize lines tool).  Therefore, when I load each source layer into the fabric, lines are loaded as line strings and there are issues with both COGO and the ability to join and �??connect�?? new parcels to those line strings.

2) It seems as though when I load any specific fabric source into a fabric there are missing polygons where there should be polygons, and those missing polygons (post load) are actually there in the source data (hopefully I explained that correctly).  Just wondering if anyone else has been having any of the same problems. 

3) Has anyone come up with a good work flow for preparing your source data for the loading process (this is the big one for us)?  We are having a difficult time coming up with a work flow to adequately prepare the data where there are points where there should be points, curves instead of individual line segments, and all the other fun topological tricks and tips to better get the data ready. 

Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
TiffanyPuett
Occasional Contributor II
hi,

so, now i need to clean my topology first. but i encounter some problem where i can't fix the error for rule ' must not intersect or touch interior '.
1) i have zoomed to the extent where i can't see the error at the point and polyline. is there any possibilities that the error are too small?
may i know the solutions.

2) may i know is there any tutorial that show how to fix the error i mentioned above.because i'm a new learner, not from GIS students so i'm quite not familiar with ArcGIS 10.

This is a bug of some kind. I haven't been able to narrow it down but I think it has to do with your tolerance.  I have seen this several times where you can't split it or you split it, validate and it comes back.  In some cases, you zoom out and it disappears, but beware it oftens comes back.  So because I can't get it to behave consistently, I can't troubleshoot.  Another thing is that 'must not intersect or touch interior' can also manifest itself as an overlapping line.  Keep in mind, you can mark them as "exceptions" and still be able to load them into the fabric.

Hope that helps!
0 Kudos