Park Finder Park and Activity Search box as a drop-down?

08-04-2012 06:18 AM
Labels (1)
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III
I am brand new to Javascript and so was hoping someone could help me figure out how to make the search for parks and actvities a drop down list instead of a search box? Ideally I would like to add a third radio button. One for the user to enter their address as there is now, then the other two would seperate the park and activity drop downs. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeTschudi
Occasional Contributor
Hi Simon,
This is something that we're working on for the next quarterly release of the app, which is targeted for early October.  It's not a difficult change, but it is also not a trivial change.  I can show you the design for comment once we've reached agreement prior to coding.
Regards,
Mike
0 Kudos
Sung-JunKim
New Contributor
Mike or All,

This is not directly related to this thread but related to the application.
I am configuring the Park Finder template app to fit our needs.  I published a map service (wkid: 26917) using my data instead of parks data provided.  The map service is running fine, but our facility features are not shown on the Park Finder app.  The Base maps are loaded and shown but not the operational layer I published.
If I publish Parks data to a map service, parks features are shown on the app.  Is there any other place that I need to change to work with my data.
Following tags that I changed in a Config.txt:
FindTaskLayer, DevPlanLayer,BaseMapLayers (I am using ESRI services),InfoWindowHeader,InfoWindowFieldsCollection,DefaultSearch,GeometryService, Activities.

Any suggestion or advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sung-Jun
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
I have a strange problem with this application that I was hoping to get some insight on.  When I load the app for the first time in an internet session and do a search near our largest park, the activity listing on the left of the screen does not include the arrows to be able to see the rest of the activities available at the park.  When I refresh the page and do the same search, the arrows appear.  I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.75 m.  I haven't checked to see if this happens with any other browsers yet just wanted to see if anyone else has had this glitch and if there were any possible solutions for it.
0 Kudos