Select to view content in your preferred language

Parcel Editor Auto-merging line courses

Jump to solution
02-20-2013 02:25 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisCorwin
Occasional Contributor II
So, if I type in a set of courses that have the same bearing, when I click the construction button it automatically merges the lines into one line. But I want the point from the other course because it was marked with a stake. How do I stop it from automatically merging the lines together.

For example, I type in  N 0-0-0 E 200.00, N 0-0-0 E 200.00 and when I hit construction there is only one line N 0-0-0 E 400.00.

Thanks.

PS - I am using 10.1 SP1 and the 10.1 For Desktop PostgreSQL and Parcel Editing Performance Patch, and the data is in a SQLExpress database that has been updated to 10.1/
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisCorwin
Hey Frank,
I appreciate the work around idea, but using the single parcel environment would be a huge pain. Luckily, I got a hold of a regional solutions engineer and she talked to the people in Parcel Editing land and told me to make/edit a registry key. And it worked!
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcMap\Cadastral
If you have a key called, MergeCourseAfterBuild, make sure it is set to 0 if you do not want it to merge courses, and 1 if you do. And of course if you do not have it, just create it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisCorwin
Hey Frank,
I appreciate the work around idea, but using the single parcel environment would be a huge pain. Luckily, I got a hold of a regional solutions engineer and she talked to the people in Parcel Editing land and told me to make/edit a registry key. And it worked!
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcMap\Cadastral
If you have a key called, MergeCourseAfterBuild, make sure it is set to 0 if you do not want it to merge courses, and 1 if you do. And of course if you do not have it, just create it.
0 Kudos