Merging XML differences using XRay in ArcCatalog 10.7.1?

Jump to solution
08-06-2021 11:19 AM
Labels (2)
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

Is anybody still using the XRay add-in at 10.7.1? I don't see the "Merge" function listed in the tool drop downs anymore.

I'm trying to take 2 existing feature class schemas from existing geodatabases, make some edits to their schemas, and merge them (as 2 feature classes with related tables) into a new geodatabase.

I can analyze their differences, but without the merge tool I'm not sure how to import both schemas without the second overwriting the first.

FYI: I tried exporting to a scratch FGDB, then using Feature Class to Feature Class, but this does not bring along the related tables and relationship classes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBryant1

For others that find this question:

I was able to add the second geodatabase's edited XML to the new geodatabase I had added the first XML to by using "Import Using Geoprocessing" under XRay's main menu. This preserved all the relationship classes EXCEPT the _ATTACH related table, which is easy enough to recreate with "Enable Attachments".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBryant1

For others that find this question:

I was able to add the second geodatabase's edited XML to the new geodatabase I had added the first XML to by using "Import Using Geoprocessing" under XRay's main menu. This preserved all the relationship classes EXCEPT the _ATTACH related table, which is easy enough to recreate with "Enable Attachments".

0 Kudos