Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues with Address Management Construction tools

03-25-2013 09:19 AM
Labels (1)
AlisonGaiser
Deactivated User
Hi,

I am having some strange and inconsistent behaviour with the Address Management Construction Tools. I have installed the tools on a user's machine and tested with my login and all works well. When the user tries to run the tools nothing happens. Specifically I am trying to use the Add Site Address Point construction tool. The user can create the address point when using the Point Construction tool. The user can create the Site address point using the Point construction tool. But when they use the Add Site Address Point construction tool, they can click on the road and place the points, but none of the points appear - neither the address points or site address points.

To me it looks like a permissions issue, but I am at a bit of a loss as to where to look. The account I used to access the client machine had additional permissions (ADM account), so I feel that the problem must lie there.

Any ideas as to what else I could test?

Thanks,
     Alison
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor
Alison,

It is an access issue. The Addin's were installed under your profile, so the config file is located under a path similar to the two lines below.

C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\ArcGIS4LocalGovernment\ConfigFiles
C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\ArcGIS4LocalGovernment\ConfigFiles

When the other user logs on they cannot access your profile information. So, by default the addin will create a new loaded.config for the user that is logged in( the new config is the default our the box version). I am assuming you have a loaded.config file for your own data, if yes, then you will have to copy that version of the loaded.config to a location the other user will have access to it, then have the user load that loaded.config under their profile.

Cheers,
Lindsay
0 Kudos